Sunday, October 23, 2011

Reflection

When beginning the process of creating a GAME plan, I was confused and uncertain of where to begin, or what area of content to introduce material. As the class proceeded, and I was able to research material, I was able to get a better idea of what resources would work best for the "Electronics" lessons I was planning to present. In the past few weeks, I learned a variety of new technological resources and online sources for technology integrated lessons. Using problem-based learning, social networking and online collaboration, and digital storytelling has helped to redevelop multiple lesson plans within my class and improve the use of computers and technology within my class.

Depending on the outcomes of these lessons, I plan to evaluate student success, and re-evaluate for student achievement. I feel that the lessons I've created are very meaningful and will improve student content knowledge. However, there is always room for success and certainly always areas of improvement. I will analyze student success rates and determine the positives and negatives of student work to improve both the presentation and delivery of lessons.

One
area that I struggle with is my time management strategies. Although I feel as though my lessons are well prepared and well developed, I still struggle with ensuring each section of my lesson to take a certain amount of time. When presenting this information, I will monitor time necessary, and adjust time frames necessary to complete each and every task. I have learned to use a "chunking" method to help break down the lesson and to develop more accurate timed lessons.

This course has helped to open my eyes to new areas or resources of online technology that I have yet to encounter as a teacher. I plan to use these resources much more often throughout the school year to enhance student learning and help to better prepare them for the future of the 21st century.


No comments:

Post a Comment