Wednesday, September 28, 2011

Monitoring Your GAME Plan Progress

Over the last week, I have been working very closely with my fellow technology teachers to prepare for my GAME Plane. I have been developing lesson plans with strict district guide lines, speaking with colleagues, and spending much time learning the tools and resources necessary to develop a video lesson.

I am beginning my process by making "mock videos" of mini-lessons I've used in the past. I have worked with the program and trying to align text and commentary directly with it, while managing the allotted time frames necessary. I have always believed that practice makes perfect, so the more I use the program, the more comfortable I will be with the entire process. If I can practice with these mini-lessons, present them to classes and be successful, I am on my way to developing a powerful resource that I can utilize for many years to come.

With the development of this lesson, I am on my way to increase my ability to develop digital-age learning experiences and assessments. The assessment being used will be the completion of the Personal Circuit Board and a functioning "Night Light".

Although I have not completed everything I would have liked to at this point, I am on track and where I need to be. My next steps are to finalized lesson designs, develop the videos to be used throughout the unit, and incorporate additional forms of technology that will work positively toward our goal of student success!

4 comments:

  1. Danny,

    Maybe you can learn with your students. Your students that are excelling can help produce mini-lesson videos with you. Through working with the students, you will gain more insight as you all learn. Good luck with your plan!

    Colleen

    ReplyDelete
  2. Danny,
    I think your idea to produce these video lessons is powerful for you and the students. I'm curious what program you are using. It would be a great project for students to produce their own lesson on something they might find interesting.
    Jill

    ReplyDelete
  3. Danny~

    It sounds like you are making pretty good progress! I like Colleen's idea of perhaps learning with your students! Have them try their hands at working with the same tools. Perhaps you can even use student videos for some of your lessons!

    Good luck!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Danny,

    I think your "mock movies" is a great idea to prepare your work. This allows you to do a real trial and error of your tasks. I think that practice really does help. I myself need to spend more time practicing with the technology. I find myself capable of using it, but I don't necessarily complete a trial and error with specific technologies. I do believe you are truly heading down a very well organized path. Do you have a back up plan incase something does not go as planned, or you have to completely revamp your orignal plan?

    ReplyDelete