Monday, November 1, 2010

Reflection

When I reflect back on this course and how it has effected my teaching strategies in the classroom, it's easy to see how much incorporating technology along with using different personal theories of learning can make an impact on our students. Using different online, technological resources can be the difference of students full success or lack there of. Students in the 21st century learn much different then those of years past and with such advances in technology, our students need to be instructed using these forms of technology that they are so comfortable with.

During the first week on instruction in this class, I declared that I commonly use a student-centered learning theory with a constructivist approach. Through out this class, I don't feel that this has changed. But what has changed is my approach of incorporating technology and the different resources I am trying to introduce to my students. A few of these resources are Web Spiration and VoiceThread. These two resources help me to "chunk" information for my students to help them obtain much more information while in class. They also help to develop strong relationships between students using collaborative strategies to team build.

Two goals that I am dedicating myself to for the remainder of this year are continuing to search for new technological resources for student success, and varying instructional practice to help develop a higher level learning for each individual student. If I can accomplish this with the next 8 months, I know that my students will be much more successful than they would've been without.

No comments:

Post a Comment